- Python or python for informatics or similar focus
- Stellar course for college credit (no, really) but is 9 weeks and 15hrs study/week, like real college classes: https://www.edx.org/course/introduction-computer-science-mitx-6-00-1x-11
- Very intro security overview (for example for pen testing or overview of security) –
- Certification: https://certification.comptia.org/certifications/security
- 30 dollar training book is here: https://www.amazon.com/CompTIA-Security-Get-Certified-Ahead/dp/1939136059
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning – a hot topic in security, since many anomalies are available to be evaluated with AI models – start here: https://ai.google/education
- Advanced security certification for pen testers (this is THE hot cert right now in that area) is OSCP, https://www.offensive-security.com/information-security-certifications/oscp-offensive-security-certified-professional/
- InfoSec – similar to certifications like the following:
Somewhat related, great write-up of being hired after a coding camp here. Looking at colleges; the NSA (National Security Agency) has published the list of colleges which they have rated as having good Security, CyberSecurity, or Computer Science programs in each state in the USA.
A similar ranking of data science (Python and Machine Learning) is located here. With data science into here being easy 6 week entry point for students interested in ultimately earning a nano-degree (salary range avg 100k/year).