80% of web traffic comes from Organic Search Results. Not Paid. Here’s another really important truth – The User Experience > the tech. Sad. True. move on. Once you are nearing a good UX and everything ‘works’. Your text/copy/words are in final tweaking. Now start worrying how people find you. Meet SEO and social marketing. Want help? Chat me now by clicking here.
SEO’s Goal – Get your link(s) high in Google organic search, not paid Google ads (later topic).
Some Facts first:
- Page 1 is the only page used. If you are different than most, cool. irrelevant.
- Primarily, search results items 1 and 2 get disproportionate click traffic
- Decide if you want primary keywords (2 words) or more (Long tail keywords)
- Even at 5 words, long tail only sees the top 6 search results get clicked >10%
- Compromise your ideal search terms to rank higher to get more traffic
- People do click 1 link, go backwards, click a second link. Within page 1 results.
What search terms (keywords) should you target? Whatever you choose, target page 1.
You can sort it out yourself here. Or read our true-life learning – and copy our steps.